Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Transitioning

How you can prepare to address transition for students who are D/HH?
I think it is important to discuss the future with students early. Starting in 7th grade or earlier I think it's important to discuss the transition to high school and beyond. I think students need to hear from their educators what lies ahead of them so they can prepare. They also need to realize that they can do anything in the future. Sometimes students focus on what they do poorly and don't focus on their successes, so they may not know that they are capable in going to college or schooling after high school. By discussing early on the options with students and making sure that the student has a say can ensure that they have a grasp on their future.

What do you think is important for students to learn as they prepare to graduate?
I think it's important for them to understand they can do whatever they want. No matter what their choice is, I think it's important to help prepare them for life after high school. Preparing them to able to handle life on their own and if they are continuing their education, it is important for them to know how to now have the reigns of their education. If they are going straight into work, it is important to teach them interview skills and how to create good and appropriate resumes. regardless the option, students need to have the arsenal of skills needed to be successful post high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment