If you have a student who is having trouble paying attention in class, what are some strategies you can use to help the student attend?
I think today we discussed several great methods that can work to help keep students attending. I think it can vary from student to student depending on their need. If the student is fidgety, providing the student with bands around their chair that they can play with with their feet, or stress balls they can squeeze can help the students to focus during lessons. If the student is not paying attention by not looking at you, I think that amping up how exciting the lesson is can help to get the student's attention. if there are multiple students in the classroom, you can skip the student that is not paying attention and a lot of they times the student that is skipped will want their turn. Some students also need a break now and then. By getting up and doing something physical like jumping jacks or wall pushups can also help to refocus the student and bring them back to the lesson or activity at hand.
Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) is a program that some districts or schools implement. Complete a mini-research regarding the program. Do you think this is a beneficial program? Why or why not?
I went to pbis.org to learn more about PBS. I think that it is a beneficial program. Today in class, two of my classmates discussed a school visit they took to a school that utilizes the PBS program. What they discussed made it seem like a very beneficial program. My classmates discussed how the school hung up signs all over the school in different areas depicting what the students can do to be a positive student. If the teachers catch the students doing something positive, they get a ticket they can use later for a raffle. I think putting it on the student to make positive choices and to have the responsibility of their actions put onto them a very strong behavior management program.
No comments:
Post a Comment