- Adaptability: what works for one student may not always work for other students. Also what method works for a student in one lesson may not work for the same student in another lesson. By adapting teaching styles for each student/subject will help the student to learn.
- Making Connections: making sure to "go deep" with lessons. Instead of staying on the surface when teaching, being able to jump on the teachable moments within a lesson and delving deeper to make sure students really comprehend what it is you are teaching.
- Lesson Building: after evaluating the lessons, it's important to see what the students may be missing from the lessons or things they may not be grasping. From there lessons can be adapted and made to truly meet the student's needs.
Has your viewpoint of teaching changed after taking this course? How or how not?
Absolutely. I have learned so many methods and strategies for teaching that I did not have before. I have a great base now for lessons for each subject area, but also across the board I have methods and strategies that work and have learned what does not work. I feel like through this class and practicum experience, I am a lot more prepared for student teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment