Stages of Development vs. Common Core Standards vs. Curriculum Scope and Sequence vs. Hierarchy of Skills--Which do you think is important when teaching students with hearing loss?
I think that it is important to focus on goals that a student can meet. By creating goals that students will not meet, it's going to see seem like the students are not going to meet goals, when really it could be that the goals that have been written are above their skill level, while goals from other areas have been met. I think it's important to make goals that a student can meet, versus creating goals for them to meet standards.
What will be your focus as the student expands and progresses in skill?
I think my focus would be to create new goals for the students to meet. If they are working on an expressive language skills and they have met their goal, I would create a new goal for them to meet. Whether it's expanding the goal they just met or creating an entire new goal, I think it's important to keep challenging the students and making goals for them that they can possibly meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment