Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Assessment

When planning for assessment of a student with hearing loss, what considerations should you keep in mind? Should you use only tests designed for this population? why or why not?

When planning for assessment for students with a hearing loss, you need to keep in mind why you need the assessment, how it will be completed, students behavior, and environment. There are not too many tests that are normed for students with a hearing loss, so I think it's important to give assessments that are going to test what you need tested. If a test that is not normed for students with a hearing loss but it's the test that will best show their abilities, that assessment should be used. It is important to note what modifications were made, for example if the assessment was given in sign language.

Communicating with teachers and staff is a vital part of Deaf Education. Do you think face-to-face is better or email? Why and how do you plan to communicate with staff?

I think it depends on the situation and staff member. Some staff members are not going to be able to reached except through email, so that may be the only method. I think that if it's something important or I need a response as soon as possible, I will talk to them face to face. If it is something not as important, email will suffice. If I don't get a response then I will try and communicate with them through other means.

No comments:

Post a Comment