Research the CAEBER (Center for ASL/English Bilingual Education and Research). How could you incorporate some of these techniques into your classroom?
While I am not proficient in my ASL skills, I would love to gain more of those skills. By attending this training, I think skills in ASL would improve and the understanding of what CAEBER really is and how I could apply it to my classroom. From basic research, there were some tips from Pennsylvania School for the Deaf who attending the conference and is attempting to apply what they learned for their school. Something that they mentioned that I want to apply to my classroom is making sure they the educators know where their students stand as far as their language abilities. Whether their students are more proficient in ASL or English and if they process information better given to them in ASL or English; I think that is a great method for all schools/classrooms to use. Knowing where a student is at can help you as their teacher to better provide them with what they need in the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment